Wednesday, 14 June 2017

A delicate problem


I have a delicate problem to share with you, and to ask your advice about.

As you know, we have new neighbours. They are from "up North" and as such they tend to speak their mind all too often regardless as to whether they offend anyone or not.

We have received a letter from them. It was posted through our letter box this morning. It goes on a bit so I will only quote the pertinent part of it.

" ... even though we live in separate houses, both detached and a few yards from each other, we can still hear you yawning loudly of an evening just about bedtime. At first we thought it was thunder making its way towards us, then we thought it was blockage in the drains which were about to overflow everywhere, then we thought it was an earth tremor and we were about to meet our Maker or perhaps be downtrodden by the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. Then we realised it was you yawning. Can you do it more quietly? With your head submerged in a bucket of water perhaps!"

Now many people would be a little upset at receiving such a letter. Be honest; how would you feel if someone wrote this to you? Come on, share your feelings.

Not me ... I was not upset at all. Livid more like. Especially since I do not yawn at all. Admittedly, sometimes in the evenings whilst watching TV downstairs in the lounge, when some politicians are on TV debating something or other, I do get rather irritated and perhaps stifle a sharp intake of breath. But I do so quietly, especially when I am biting hard at the table leg to stop me shouting profanities at them. But yawning loudly ... never ... not me.

Truth be known ... it is my wife who yawns loudly upstairs in the bedroom. Especially when I am being nice to her. Her yawn is so loud it is like a hyena giving birth to an elephant.

But I can hardly tell the neighbours that. Can I?

So ... just between you and me ... please don't share this with anyone else. What do you suggest I do about this dilemma I am faced with?

8 comments:

  1. Victor, OBVIOUSLY your wife does not read your blog! OR DOES SHE? We will see tomorrow--if you are still alive to post!
    Blessings, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Lulu, I have two Blogs. This one, and a decoy one in which I say very nice things in case it is read by my family and friends.

      Glad I made you smile. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, I was going to tell you that I left a nice review over on Amazon for your "Father Ignatius" collection, but now I'm not sure if I should let you know, or not! haha Thanks for a good laugh today, Brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bettie, for your kind review on Amazon of my book "The Adventures of Father Ignatius". I am grateful for your support.

      Of course, the above story is fictitious and meant to amuse my readers. I hope it did so; otherwise I'll have some explaining to do with my wife.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Well at least they weren't complaining about the sound that comes from the other orifice. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you insulting my wife Manny? Only I do that!

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. No I wasn't insulting anyone. :)

      Delete
    3. I was joking, Manny. I'll tell my mother-in-law about you !!!

      God bless you, my friend.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...